Riding a bike is an obstacle that most remember as one of their first conquered obstacles as a child. It’s a universal pastime that almost all of us have partaken in. From time to time you might enjoy a leisurely bike ride amidst the many greenways of Nashville on a nice summer day, but cycling to the point of breaking a sweat? Never! The closest you’ve ever gotten to competitive cycling is watching the Tour De France. Most of us know that cycling has become a widely popular option of getting your cardio on, but where in Nashville could you possibly make like Lance Armstrong? Krank Nashville is the answer! Here are 5 things you need to know before you go:
- Not Just Cycling: Krank Nashville offers a variety of classes from 60 minute cardio cycling, to 30/30 (half cardio cycling, half strength), to 60 minute strength classes. Pick your poison, classes run from 5:30am to 6:30pm.
- Everyone is Welcome: Even if you haven’t cycled before, you’re not an iron man, or the last time you got on a bike was before you had your driver’s license, classes are structured for all levels. Don’t feel pressure to go at the pace of the Krank all-star, just work for your personal best!
- Shoes are Provided: Unless you’re a super cycler and you have your own cycling shoes (which are of course welcome!), don’t worry about it. Krank provides shoes! Don’t be afraid to ask the instructor to help you “clip in” to the pedals, you’re not the first or the last one to ask.
- Ready to Sweat: Bring a towel and water; Make sure you wear comfortable workout clothes, but avoid lose-fitting pants! You wouldn’t want them to catch on a wheel – ouch!
- Get Pumped Up: The main cardio room is dimly lit with club style lighting that doesn’t distract from your workout and allows you to not feel embarrassed if you’re not as cycle-savvy as everyone else. It’s perfect for you early risers who like to get in that 5:30am workout but don’t necessarily like showing your sleepy face to the world as it drips sweat.
Embrace your inner cycler and give Krank Nashville a try. It’s a great and convenient way to change up your work out and get your sweat on!
For more information on Krank go to the Explore Like a Native page!