An intense workout can leave you feeling accomplished, exceptionally sweaty, and one step closer to your personal fitness goals. Every session leaves you with that euphoric feeling of accomplishment as you check your post-workout bod. You can basically make out at least four abs that are a direct result of the serious sweat session you’ve just overcome. One of the ways that Nashvillians are turning their workouts up a notch is with some serious interval sessions with that trainers at Barry’s Bootcamp in the Gulch. Here are the 5 things to know before you go!
- Sign Up: Make sure to review class options online and register for your chosen class ahead of time. This way, you can select if you want to start with the treadmill workout or the floor. You’ll switch between them three times during the class. Each day of the week has classes that focus on different body parts (arm day, leg day, full body, etc.). When you get to class, don’t forget to order your post-class custom Barry’s protein shake for recovery! They’ll have it ready and waiting for you if you order it beforehand.
- Accessorize: Arm yourself with a bottle of water, grab a towel from the shelf next to the classroom door, and come dressed to kick some major butt. This is interval training, meaning that there are lots of sprints and lots of weight training, so you’ll want to wear fitted, sweat-wicking clothes and some comfortable tennis shoes. And don’t forget to hydrate!
- Start Small: Trainers will give you three weight and speed options for all workouts. This is meant to address the needs of newbies to the Barry’s devotees. If it’s your first class, don’t be embarrassed to start with lighter weights and a slower speed. You can always work your way up as you get more comfortable. Don’t get yourself hurt just because you want to keep up with that one person in your class that has an 8 pack and runs marathons on the reg.
- Logistics: Find parking for the first hour for free in the lot across the street or under the Velocity building (first right after you pass Barry’s on your right!). If you get back to your car quickly, you should get away with just getting a ticket for the free hour. Sometimes street parking is available too, depending on the time of day. If you bring a gym bag, they have lockers for you to store your things and they have showers!
- Recover: You’re bound to love this workout if you enjoy intensity, but make sure you give yourself a little time to rest. C’mon Arnold Schwarzeneggar, jumping into daily classes may be a bit too much for your body. Make sure you stretch it out and let yourself have some R&R.
Why not try something new to reawakening your workout? Call Barry’s today to see if they’re offering a first class for free! Sometimes they’ll even give you a discount on a package upon your first visit.
For more information on Barry’s go to the Explore Like a Native page!
(Photo via Instagram)